Where else can I find funding to support my PhD?

Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships - The AHRC funds a series of Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships which have studentships to award each year.

Carnegie/Caledonian PhD Scholarships Scheme - The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland operates the prestigious Carnegie PhD Scholarships Scheme and the Caledonian PhD Scholarships Scheme.

UK Government Loans for Doctoral Study - The UK Government has released details of its doctoral loan scheme for students starting their PhD in 2018-2019. Loans up to £25 000 are available for Doctoral Study for UK nationals and those with settled status for prospective doctoral researchers normally resident in England.

Indivdual HEI Awards - Individual HEIs often make competitive awards available for PhD study, and charitable foundations such as the Wolfson Foundation, the Leverhulme Trust and the Wellcome Trust also support scholarships through HEIs. Contact your chosen HEI to see what support might be available and how to apply.

Search Websites - Websites such as Find A PhD have searchable information on what’s available.

SGSAH is not able to provide further guidance on funding sources.