University of Edinburgh
Networking, Collaboration, Hospitality & Cultural Exchange: Remodelling North African Artist-in-Residency Programmes
2016 - 2018 PhD in Arts Research at ECA - University of Edinburgh
2008 - 2010 Distinction - MA Critical Arts Management & Media Cultural Studies at LSBU - London South Bank University
2006 - 2007 Merit - Diploma in Arts Management by Birkbeck University
1995 - 2003 Merit - Degree in History by the University of Barcelona
Professor Neil Mulholland
- Relationships between theory & practice
- Everyday life theories
- Epistemologies of the south
- Archaeology of globalization
- Anthropology of art
- Critical Muslim studies
- Artists in residencies & artistic mobility
Previous Research Projects:
- Theory as Pratice. A practitioner based research on CeRCCa local context.
- A Winter Ritual.
- The Hyper Mobile Icarus.
- OSIC Catalan Arts Council Professional Development Grant
- Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities PhD Studentship Grant.
- Edinburgh College of Art PhD Research Grant.
- DAWRAK Citizen Exchange Program funded by Anna Lindh Foundation. Spain – Egypt.
- British Council Grant for Syrian Artists living in Egypt.
- ALF Grant to participate at the DAWRAK Workshop & Conference in Alexandria (Egypt)
- Research Residency Grant at Mau Mau, Istanbul (Turkey)
- DAWRAK Citizen Exchange Program funded by Anna Lindh Spain – Egypt.
- Visual Arts Grant from the Catalan Arts Council.
- Cimetta Fund travel grant to attend the The Youth in Times of Crises Conference in Tunisia.
- Erasmus Young Entrepreneurs Program with MoTA (Museum of Transitory Art) in Ljubjiana, Slovenia. Development of Transitory Network of Residency Programs in East Europe & the Balkans.
- Research grant from CoNCa: ‘Nomadism & Comodification: New challagens & proposals for an alternative conception of AIR networks’
- Step Beyond Mobilitat Fund by European Cultural Fundation. Presentation of MA Disertation & participation at the 5th International Summer Seminar for Art Curators in Armenia.
- Ajuts per a la Formació. Fons de Creacio i Pensament Contemporani by CoNCA.
- Ayudas para la formacion de Jovenes Professionales de la Cultura by MUC
- Ajuts per a la Formació. Fons de Creació i Pensament Contemporani by EADC.
- Ayudas para la formacion de Jovenes Professionales de la Cultura by MUC.
- Step Beyond Award by Europen Cultural Foundation.
- MA Course Director Prize for Outstanding Achievement LSBU.
- 2009 Review publication at the WhiteHot Contemporary Art Magazine.
- 2013 Publication of the research paper ‘Theory as Practice’ at SCCA World of Art Series Ljubljana.
- 2013 Publications of the research paper ‘The Hyermobile Icarus’ as part of the Project On-AIR/Transartist.
- 2015 Publication CeRCCa 2009 – 2014
First published: 8 February 2016