ARCS students funded from 2019 onwards are eligible to apply for Engagement Funding.
Engagement Funding allows doctoral researchers to apply for funding to support individual training and development needs. Funding streams include:
- Fieldwork/archival visits (costs of travel and accommodation as required)
- Doctoral Internship/Artist in Residence including international placements (three months’ additional stipend for fully-funded students, with travel and accommodation as required.)
- Visiting Doctoral Researcher – normally international (travel, accommodation and bench fee where required for up to six months.)
- Specialist training (course costs/fees, travel and accommodation and additional stipend where training is more than 4 weeks.)
- Essential language learning (funding to cover course costs and, where appropriate, extension of stipend to cover time).
- Knowledge Exchange & Impact: available to support collaborative research approaches and dissemination of findings.
More information and guidance documents are available via the SGSAH intranet.