Internships and Artist Residencies
We organise an annual paid internship competition, to enable you to enhance your research skills in a wide variety of contexts. These exciting opportunities give you the chance to make a difference to an organisation, whilst developing your skills, networks and CV to take you to the next stage of your career.
Many of our doctoral researchers use creative practice as a method of inquiry. Artist-in-residencies are often a key part of artists’ careers, and so we are pleased to offer artist-in-residence opportunities for our doctoral researchers.
Both types of placement are for up to 3 months’ work at full time equivalent, but can be organised flexibly across a longer period to suit you, the project and the host organisation. We will pay you the equivalent of an RCUK stipend rate for the duration of your internship or residency and can help with travel and accommodation costs if these aren’t funded by your host organisation.
Recent internships include:
- Researching audience attitudes towards content and the Scottish identity for BBC Scotland
- A feasibility study for Creative Scotland and Scottish Government looking at art and homelessness
- Researching fake news for The Ferret Fact Check platform
- Mapping the music economy in Scotland with the Scottish Music Industry Association
Recent artist-in-residencies include:
- Creation of film poems for RSPB Scotland
- Poet in Residence with the National Trust for Scotland
- Graffiti in the archive with Historic Environment Scotland