Travel Expense Guidance
Please note that we can currently only accept travel expense claims via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel expense reimbursement is to cover your extra expenses, necessarily incurred in carrying out activities associated with SGSAH. Reimbursement is available for doctoral researchers registered at any SGSAH member HEI.
- You must exercise economy and efficiency - tickets should be purchased as far in advance as possible to obtain best value for money.
- Travel costs will be reimbursed only from your home institution to place of event/activity unless there are exceptional circumstances. Please contact us in advance to discuss via email@example.com.
- All claims must be accompanied by a valid, original receipt which itemises purchases – a credit/ debit card counterfoil is not sufficient and will be rejected.
- All claims must also be accompanied by confirmation of your bank account details (a screenshot of your account details showing your name, bank logo, account number & sort code will suffice).
- Please take photocopies of your claim and receipts, particularly if you are sending by post.
The SGSAH administration team are based at the University of Glasgow. University of Glasgow students should complete and sign a University of Glasgow Student Expense Claim Form. If you are from another University, please complete a Sundry Payee Form.
In addition to the correct form & valid receipts, please send confirmation of your bank account details (a screenshot of your account details showing your name, account number & sort code will suffice).
Please return with original receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Claims must be made within one month of date of travel.
Once received and approved, University of Glasgow administration MAY take up to thirty days to process. Payment by BACS is the preferred method and will reach you more quickly.
If you have any questions or are unsure about any aspect of claiming back travel costs, please contact the SGSAH team in the first instance via email@example.com.