University of St Andrews
Aristotle on the Active Intellect
2008 - 2012 BA Philosophy (distinction)
2012 - 2013 MA in Political, Legal, & Economic Philosophy (distinction)
2013 - 2015 BPhil in Philosophy
Professor Sarah Broadie (University of St Andrews)
Dr Barbara Sattler (University of St Andrews)
- Action Theory
- Environmental Ethics
British Society for Aesthetics Travel Stipends
Corpus Christi Travel Stipend
Faculty of Philosophy, University of Oxford Travel Stipend
Cyril Joad Prize for top BA results
'Finite in Infinity: Spinoza's Conception of Human Freedom Explained through his Metaphysics,' in: Stance (listed in the Philosopher’s Index), international undergraduate philosophy journal, Ball State University, USA
Selected Conference Presentations:
'An Eternal Part of the Body? Spinoza on Human Existence beyond Life and Death'
- Life & Death in Early Modern Philosophy, Conference of the ESEMP/BSHP, 2016, UK
'Functions as Essences: an Aristotelian Analysis of Aesthetic Artefacts'
- Conference of the European Society for Aesthetics, 2016, SPAIN
- Aristotelian Themes in Metaphysics, Boğaziçi University, 2016, TURKEY
'Reconsidering Spinoza's Rationalism: Overcoming the Passions through Scientia Intuitiva'
- 6th Scottish Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy, St Andrews, 2015, UK
- 6th Princeton-Penn-Columbia Graduate Conference in Early Modern Philosophy, 2015, USA
- 1st Collegium Spinozanum, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, 2015, NL
'Attention determines Action'
- 22nd Kent State Graduate Philosophy Conference, 2015, USA
Address: Edgecliffe, School of Philosophy, The Scores, St Andrews KY16 9AL
Work Tel No: 07963 890868
First published: 14 November 2016