Applied Research Collaborative Studentships
Find out how your organisation can benefit from a fully-funded doctoral researcher focused on your needs & priorities. ARCS are supported by the Scottish Funding Council so there is no cost to the non-academic partner. The Scottish Funding Council is meeting 50% of the costs of each three-year studentship, which includes a stipend at RCUK rate. The remaining 50% of costs will be met by Higher Education Institutions. We made seven awards in the first year of the competition & expect to make a similar number in the next two years.
ARCS are doctoral projects designed & supervised by at least two higher education institutions (HEIs) & at least one other partner to create a PhD project with benefits for:
- Partner organisations: to work with a highly motivated doctoral researcher on the development of cutting-edge research addressed to their organisation's needs & priorities
- Doctoral researchers: to undertake innovative training & applied research experience as well as access to expertise & resources not available within an academic setting
- HEIs: to demonstrate societal or economic impact through collaboration
- SGSAH: to strengthen existing partnerships or develop new ones which may have benefit for other doctoral researchers
- Everyone: to build new research collaborations.
To find out more please visit our Applied Research Collaborative Studentship webpages here.