Storytelling for Researchers – tell them a tale
Thursday 24th of June
10am - 12pm
Duncan Yellowlees, Presentation Academy
Heard about this storytelling thing and want to know more? This is the workshop for you. Stories are one of the most effective ways to engage audiences with your work. Research is ripe for finding impactful tales, from personal anecdotes to making the best use of examples, storytelling is an invaluable skill for anyone who wants to present with impact.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Know why storytelling is powerful and how it can help your communications
- Understand which stories to tell
- Know simple techniques for telling stories
- Understand when to use research storytelling
- Have seen a brilliant impression of an albatross
Relevant for all types of research, communication, these are the tools that allow you to engage and stand out at your next conference, funding pitch or lecture series.
Click Here to Register (Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis)
First published: 27 May 2021