Call for Papers: SATH Journal
Issued: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 10:32:00 BST
Write for SATH
Since 1986, the Scottish Association of History Teachers has produced a Yearbook for its members. This is an important journal of professional knowledge and subject knowledge updating. We are currently seeking content for the 2020 Yearbook and would like articles which:
- Explore aspects of history pedagogy (particularly as it relates to the Scottish context).
- Share the outcomes of school-based learning projects, new approaches to curriculum design or similar
- Consider how the history curriculum might be diversified to take account of historically marginalised
- Provide up-to-date surveys of research/ historiography on SQA Examination
- Introduce interesting local historical case studies which shed a different light on the SQA examination topics
The Yearbook has traditionally included a mixture of contributions from academic historians and practising teachers – this is a tradition that we are keen to continue. Our hope is that the Yearbook can become an indispensable resource for history teaching in Scotland. However, the journal only succeeds if colleagues are willing to share their ideas!
If you have an idea for an article for feature, email Joe Smith at the University of Stirling – firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be fully supported in preparing your contribution from the ideas stage to publication. Previous editions of the journal are available online here: http://www.sath.org.uk/yearbook-repository/.