Where else can I find funding to support my PhD?

Each year the AHRC makes Collaborative Doctoral Awards available; these are usually advertised by individual HEIs.  

The AHRC also funds a series of Collaborative Doctoral Partnerships which have studentships to award each year. Find out more about these here.

The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland operates the prestigious Carnegie PhD Scholarships Scheme & the Caledonian PhD Scholarships Scheme.  Information on these can be found here.

Individual universities often make competitive awards available for PhD study, & charitable foundations such as the Wolfson Foundation, the Leverhulme Trust & the Wellcome Trust also support scholarships through universities. Contact your chosen university to see what support might be available & how to apply.

Websites such as Find A PhD have searchable information on what’s available.   

SGSAH is not able to provide further guidance on funding sources.