Women, War and the West End - Heritage Show and Tell
Issued: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:11:00 BST
Event Date: 27/9/18
Location: Hillhead Library, Glasgow
A project led by SGSAH ARCS funded researcher Karen Mailey-Watt is hosting a free event to meet some of the organisations and groups working on various World War One projects.
- The Glasgow School of Art who will showcase some objects from their archive relating to school during the war.
- Lost Glasgow, who will discuss the changes of the area through photographs.
- Arlington Baths will highlight the effect which WW1 had on the swimming pool and its members.
- TV personality & Heritage Consultant, Fergus Sutherland will discuss the Home Front .
- Tenement House who will present some of their collections relating to Miss Agnes Toward.
The hosts will also have vintage make-up artist, Casci Ritchie, will be demonstrating WW1 hair and make-up throughout the day. You will also be able to record your memories of the area and the women who lived/live in the area.
For more information visit https://womenwarandwestend.wordpress.com/2018/09/06/heritage-show-tell/