Data Visualisation Workshop
Issued: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 16:11:00 GMT
Deadline: 6th April
Location: Dovecot Studios, Edinburgh
This workshop will serve as an introduction to the vast field of data visualisation by highlighting on-line tools, exploring how to tell stories with your data, examples of unique data visualisation projects and designing communications that appeal on an aesthetic level.
The workshop will look at how data can be turned into compelling visual stories, including flat graphic design (infographics).
Topics covered include:
- Importance of good visual storytelling;
- Designing and presenting graphs and charts to maximise their impact
- Examples of good practice
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Access several on-line tools available for data visualisation
- Design novel infographics for your research topics
Registration is required for this workshop as spaces are limited. Please visit our Eventbrite page to register.